Our Experience :
We have comprehensive knowledge of many engineering disciplines within the automotive, aerospace, nuclear fusion and 3D printing industries. Highly experienced in CAD/CAM design and extensive understanding of NC programming and machining. Thousands of hours hands on use of CATIA V5, CATIA V4 and CADDS5 including solid and surface modelling, detail drafting, composite design and NC programming. We currently own and manage several 3D printing facilities, therefore we are also experienced in design and programming for FDM 3D printing machines. World expert in 3D printing with flexible TPU filaments and UK beta tester for Recreus 3D printing filaments and components.
- Currently designing and making 3D printed upper limb prosthetics with Open Bionics. Developed the parametric CAD code for the unique 3D printed Hero Arm.
- Major subcontractor on two NHS SBRI funded projects which successfully reached stage 2 funding "Diabetic Foot Ulcer" and "Child Health - Restoring Function".
- Lead R&D design for RACE (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments) which designs autonomous systems for example, fusion reactors, space exploration, underwater, autonomous cars and task specific drones.
- Worked in the nuclear fusion research industry on JET, MAST, ITER and DEMO fusion reactor designs and/or upgrades. Experienced with component design, detailing for remote handling requirements and plasma diagnostics systems using CATIA V5 and ENOVIA SmarTeam.
- IBM approved CATIA V5 Foundation and Airbus Methods trained.
- Highly competent aircraft structures engineer for the design and manufacture of metallic and carbon composite wing components. Worked on Airbus A340-600, A340-500, A380, A400M and A350 XWB aircraft. Much of the work on the A350XWB aircraft involved high level architectural designs to develop the configuration of this aircraft's wing structure.
- Working knowledge of other CAD systems such as Fusion 360, Onshape, FreeCAD, OpenSCAD, Meshmixer, Meshlab and Blender.
- Security cleared to work on military projects through the A400M programme.
- Experienced on all aspects of 2,3,4 and 5 axis NC programming for use with various types and sizes of NC controlled milling, engraving, laser/punch machines and FDM 3D printing.
- A full and comprehensive knowledge of sheet metal press tools, pattern and model manufacture through working for BMW/Rover Group.
- Experienced with using Windows, MacOS and Linux based operating systems and associated software.